Team/Group/Company Owners with the "Manage User" permission can now choose to manage the sending email domain to ensure it has higher chances of deliverability and/or better reflects their brand. The default option that is assigned as the sending domain is firstname.lastname@example.org but because so many people are using this domain, its deliverability can be hit or miss. Most users who have configured a domain on their website will be using that domain as their sending domain as well. After changing from the email@example.com domain, that domain cannot be used again in the future.
Email Domain Management and Self- Purchase
This feature is accessed by navigating to Settings> Preferences> Sending Email> Manage.
You will then have access to choose from the following:
- Domains available for no additional cost
- Domains already configured for your Lofty website
- Domains purchased from Lofty
When accessing this setting from a Team-type account, you will see the following two options:
- Apply to the entire team
- Apply to just yourself
When accessing this setting from an Enterprise-type account, you will see the following two options:
- Apply to specific group hierarchy at the current level or below
- Apply to just yourself
SET UP PROCESS:
- YOUR OWN DOMAIN
1. Click the NEW DOMAIN button on the upper right corner, then select the option "Already own your domain?" and click next.
2. Enter your preferred domain without "www", click the "Next" button, then "Continue".
3. Follow the steps as shown below simultaneously with the configuration steps provided in the Domain Configuration Guide.
1. Click the NEW DOMAIN button on the upper right corner then select the option "Want to purchase a new domain?" and click next.
2. Enter your preferred domain without "www" and click the search button.
3. Available domain/s will be shown if there are any. Click the confirm button to proceed after choosing your preferred result.
If you want to configure a new domain, you can choose to use one you already have or purchase a new one via Lofty. You will then be guided through the next steps provided in the Sending Email Domain Configuration section below. If a member wants to set up a new email domain similar to his/her personal domain. You can also check this article for more information: Sending Email Address
After adding a new domain, it may require some time before it will be listed as "Active" and therefore usable. Until it is usable, it will be listed as "Pending." Come back to this setting later to finish selecting your new domain.
Sending Email Domain Configuration
If you want to configure a new sending email domain, you can choose to use one you already have or purchase a new one via Lofty. You will then be guided through the next steps.
Login to your domain provider's portal. (Not sure who your provider is? Click here.)
- Go to the domains page on your domain host's site.
- Find where you manage the domain's settings. (Look for a button or link with the words manage, manage settings, domain settings, or something similar.)
- In your domain settings, find the area where you manage or edit DNS server records.
5. Add our records to your DNS
Enter the information as shown below:
NOTE: SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU ALREADY PAY FOR EMAIL FOR THIS DOMAIN
Tips: If your DNS contains other platforms' MX records something like the below image, then we strongly DO NOT recommend configuring this domain as your sending email domain anymore. Doing so may break your original email service.
- Add the MX Records as shown below:
- Enter the values as shown below:
- Then choose Yes, then click Save.
- The name will be parsed into the correct format by the system.
- Then add another MX Record.
- Your MX records are now all set.
- Add the CNAME as shown below:
- Add all CNAMES
Then choose Yes, then click Save.
Your CNAME is now all set.
- Add the TXT Record as shown below:
Add all records.
- Then choose Yes, and click Save. Add All TXT Records.
Congratulations, you have completed all the configuration processes！ Propagation time may vary depending on the provider, then you may use this domain.
Why am I not seeing the values of each record required when I click the steps for configuration?
Each record sample should auto-populate once you click the step in the configuration guide if this is not happening, contact Support to fix the bug.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org>, by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557, or by chat with us through your Lofty CRM.
Related terms: Sending email, email domain, sending email address