The "Click-To-Call" function within Lofty will allow for users to easily call leads directly from their lead profiles. In order for this feature to work, the user must have a Call Package associated with their account. For more information on getting a Call Package added, please see this article: How to add a call or text package to your CRM.
- Call from People Page
- Call from the Lead Profile / Contact Record
- Call Process
- Best Practices
Call from People Page
The most accessible option is to navigate to the People page and then click on the "phone" icon in the "Communications" column. This will allow you to trigger a phone call directly to that lead.
Call from the Lead Profile / Contact Record
- Navigate to a lead profile/contact record by going to the People page and clicking on a name or by searching for the lead using the search bar at the top-right
- Click on the green "Call" button in the top-left. If there is more than one number, you can click the drop-down arrow to select the number you would like to call first.
Calling in Bridge Mode
When calling in Bridge Mode, the system will first call the number you have saved in Settings > Call/Text > Call/Text Settings > Info & Settings > Bridge Number and then connect you to the lead's number that you are calling. In other words, the system will call you first at the Bridge Number, and then it will call the lead's number.
Once the call has started, a call panel will appear on the right side. You can click the minimize option in the top-right to minimize the panel if needed. Here you will see the lead’s name, number, and call status. Below, you will see notes on all of the sections visible in the call panel.
- (A) Outcome:
- Talked - Call connected successfully and you spoke to the lead
- Voice Message - Left a voice message
- No Answer - The lead did not answer the call
- Bad Number – Invalid number
- DNC Number - Do Not Call number
- DNC Contact - Do Not Call contacts
- (B) Note. You can add a note for this phone call with any important information you want to save for later. You can edit/add this note later if necessary.
- (C) Send a Text. You can send a text during the call by typing in the message or clicking Select Template to choose a saved text template.
- (D) New Appointment. This will add a task to your Google Calendar (if integrated) and will also send out an external invite to the lead at their email address.
- (E) Add a Task. This is an internal task for you to remember to follow up, etc.
- (F) Leave a Voice Message. You can choose to drop a pre-recorded voice message with this option so that you can continue calling additional leads without delay.
Once you click the End Call icon, the Call Result window will appear. Here you can view call details, call recordings, call outcomes, notes, texts, appointments, and tasks. You can change call outcomes after the call as well as send additional text messages and add new tasks and appointments.
Before you save the Call Result please rate the quality of the call so that we can work on improving things if necessary.
After you click Save you can view the Call Result on the lead’s timeline. You can listen to the recorded call if the feature is turned on as well as make any additional notes if so desired.
Calling in VOIP Mode
Note: VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) Mode is currently only available for our closed beta. This option will be available to all Lofty users in the near future. Also, the dial pad is not available for VOIP unless dialing via a call list.
The calling mode can be switched freely between Bridge and VOIP before each call is made. VOIP can be set by navigating to Settings > Call/Text > Call/Text Settings > Outbound Call Type
Calling over VOIP Mode is the same as calling over Bridge Mode, however, the call will connect directly via your browser, rather than connecting to your bridge number first. VOIP is currently only available for outbound calls. All inbound calls will still ring to the number provided under Incoming Call Type. If you would like to receive inbound calls via VOIP mode, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOIP Mode calls are made through the browser, so an internet connection is required. If the internet connection is weak, we recommend switching to Bridge Mode before making a call. While you can navigate around the CRM without disrupting the call, if the browser is refreshed or closed during a VOIP call, the call will be disconnected.
The Audio Settings are available to set the microphone and speakers when calling over VOIP mode. The microphone and speakers can be changed mid-call, without disruption.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both Bridge and VOIP calling modes. Please use the chart below to help you decide which mode is best for you.
Remember, you can change the calling mode before each call. As long as you have a stable internet connection, we recommend utilizing VOIP mode.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com>, by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557, or by chat with us through your Lofty CRM.
Related terms: click to call, CRM call, call button, VOIP, Bridge