We get a lot of questions about our powerful tool, Smart Plans. This article will review how to create, edit, and manage your Smart Plans.
- Smart Plan Guide
- Smart Plan Libraries
- Creating a New Smart Plan
- Smart Plan Settings
- Editing Smart Plans
- Applying and Removing Smart Plans
- Smart Plan Report
- Other Smart Plan Resources
Smart Plan Guide
The Smart Plan Guide will show recommendations for Smart Plans based on where the lead is at in the purchase/rent/sell process.
This guide can be found in the Smart Plan settings and Campaigns Automation.
The Guide will display the different stages of the purchase/rent/sell process.
1. Click to see details about that stage
2. Short explanation about the stage and how a lead would be considered under this stage
3. How the Smart Plan can be used to help leads in that stage
4. Recommended Smart Plan templates from the Lofty Library based on the stage selected
5. Triggers the start of a new standard Smart Plan. This will not automatically add any steps or conditions based on the stage.
Smart Plan Libraries
Depending on the type of Lofty account you are on, you may see options for My Smart Plans, Team Smart Plans, Group Smart Plans, or Company Smart Plans. These are Smart Plan libraries that have been created on your Lofty account, for use with your leads.
If Auto-Apply is turned ON, then the Smart Plan will automatically run for any applicable leads in your Lofty CRM. Auto-Apply can be enabled on your own Smart Plans, as well as on Team/Group/Company Smart Plans.
The Smart Plan Library is full of templates that can be imported into "My Smart Plans" or "Team/group/Company Smart Plans".
Creating a New Smart Plan
To create a new Smart Plan, click + Add New
There are various types of Smart Plans. You will have the option of recurring and non-recurring plans.
Select the type of plan and click "start" to begin building your Smart Plan.
Non-Recurring Smart Plan
Standard Smart plans will trigger a selected amount of time after the smart plan is created or new leads are imported.
Recurring Smart Plans
All recurring Smart Plans can recur for up to ten cycles. Please keep in mind, that you will need to keep "auto-apply" enabled for the Smart Plan to apply each cycle. Here are the different recurring plans:
Triggers on January 1st
Triggers on December 25th
Triggers on February 14th
Triggers on the birthdate tied to the lead's profile.
The lead birthday will be displayed on the profile:
Triggers on a date that has been set up as a "custom field" on the lead profile.
Learn More: Custom Fields
Triggers on a date that is specific to a transaction.
Learn More: Transaction Management Introduction
Setting the Recurring Smart Plan Date
When creating a recurring date smart plan, you have the option to set the plan to trigger on a Specific Date or a Fixed Date.
Triggers on a specific date selected. For example, if the Specific Date is a Birthday, it will trigger on the lead's birthday.
Triggers on the exact date selected. When setting the Fixed Date, it will trigger on the exact calendar date each year.
Scheduling the Recurring Smart Plan
When scheduling the smart plan, the frequency can be either Yearly, Monthly, or Weekly and can scheduled for up to 10 cycles.
Smart Plan Settings
The first step when creating a new Smart Plan is the settings.
Here, you will give the Smart Plan a name, determine which leads the plan should apply to, set the Smart Plan scope, and set the conditions that will pause the Smart Plan.
Target Lead Type
This setting will determine what type of leads the Smart Plan will apply to.
You can find the Lead Type in the leads profile details:
*Note* If the lead type on the profile is "buyer & seller", the Smart Plan will not apply with a target lead type of "buyer" OR "seller" by themselves. One of the target lead types selected will specifically need to be "buyer & seller".
All Lofty users will have the option to create My Smart Plans. My Smart Plans can only be viewed, edited, and applied by the Agent who created them.
A Lofty Team account will have an option for Team Smart Plans. Team Smart Plans can be used by any team member. The ability to manage Team Smart Plans depends on the Permissions. Team Smart Plans cannot be auto-applied to private leads, they will need to be manually added.
The logic for Company Smart Plans is similar to "Team Smart Plans" at the team level. Company Smart Plans can be applied to the entire account. They are visible to all Enterprise Company users. Users with the "Manage Template —— Entire Company" permission (see Enterprise Permissions) can manage any Company Smart Plans.
Group Smart plans are visible to all users under the Enterprise group and any subgroups (if applicable). Users with the "Manage Template —— User's Group" permission (see Enterprise Permissions) can manage the Smart Plans for their own group and any subgroups.
This section will automatically pause the Smart Plan under certain conditions.
The lead responds/reaches out
- This includes the lead sending an email to a team member, calling a Lofty number, sending a text message to a Lofty number, and replying to the AI.
An outbound call is logged as "talked"
- A call was made to the lead and the call was marked as "talked" after the call in the dialer window.
The lead's pipeline changes
- The lead's pipeline was changed. Please note that the Smart Plan step action to "change pipeline" will also result in the pausing of this Smart Plan, in addition, to manually changing a lead's pipeline stage.
The tags that triggered the Smart Plan are deleted
- When the tags are added to trigger the Smart Plan in the application conditions are removed/deleted
The "source" of the lead changes
- When the source of the lead is changed after the Smart Plan is applied
The Triggers tab indicates how/when the Smart Plan will be applied and to what leads.
For Standard Plans, there are nine (9) triggers available:
- The Smart Plan will run automatically when the lead is newly created in the CRM
Lead Assignment Changed
- The Smart Plan will run automatically when any lead role is manually assigned or reassigned
- The Smart Plan will run automatically when tags are added or removed from the lead
- The Smart Plan will run automatically when the lead is added or removed from a Segment
- The Smart Plan will run automatically when the lead's pipeline is changed
Lead Meets Specified Conditions
- The Smart Plan will run automatically when the lead details change
Lead Contact Permission
- The Smart Plan will run automatically when the lead contact permission is changed
- The Smart Plan will run automatically, dependent on the last contact with the lead
- The Smart Plan will run automatically, dependent on the lead's website behavior
For Recurring Plans, there are ten (10) triggers available: The 9 listed above and the date trigger. Click + Add another trigger to add one of the 9 other triggers to the recurring plan.
*Please note* The conditions follow the "or" logic. For example, if you have selected multiple groups under the conditions, the lead can belong to any of the groups and the Smart Plan will apply.
Once you have set the triggers, the option for "auto-apply" will appear:
After setting the triggers, the last steps is to set the actions that occur with the Smart Plan. There is no limit to the amount of Smart Plan steps that can be added. The Smart Plan will start with one step, and you can add as many steps as needed.
Smart Plan Actions
There are several different types of Smart Plan steps. All steps will create a task.
The steps that show "Auto" will automatically be sent out after the Smart Plan is saved and at the selected time.
The Smart Plan actions are defined below:
- Auto Email: Automatically sends an email to the lead.
- Auto Text: Automatically sends a text to the lead.
- Email: Create a task to email the lead.
- Text: Creates a task to text the lead.
- Call: Create a task to call the lead.
- Postcard: Design and automatically send a postcard to leads. You can design and pay for the postcard here as well. Learn More: Self-Service Mail / Mailers
- Letter: Design and automatically send a letter to leads. You can design and pay for the letter here as well. Learn More: Self-Service Mail / Mailers
- Zapier Zap: Triggers a Zapier Zap. Learn More: Zapier Zaps + Smart Plans
- Notification: Sends an email to a specified email address or Lofty user
- Change Pipeline: Automatically moves the lead to the pipeline selected.
- AI Assistant Action: Choose an action you want the AI to take (I.E monitor the lead's behavior).
- Change Segment: Automatically add/remove the lead from a segment.
- Change Tag: Automatically add/remove a tag from a lead.
- Start Smart Plan: Automatically start a new Smart Plan. You can have multiple Smart Plans running so if there are additional steps after the "start Smart Plan" step, the current Smart Plan will continue.
- Buyer Property Alert: To set up a property alert, you will need to set the search criteria while creating the Smart Plan.
- Checklist: Creates a list of tasks to be completed. You can assign tasks to any role that is under the lead.
- Other: Creates a general task. You can choose what the task is for.
- Slybroadcast: Slybroadcast is a service that can be used to send pre-recorded “ringless voicemails”. You will only see this option if you are subscribed to Slybroadcast. Learn More: Slybroadcast Integration
Reassignment Group: This is a great option for any Lofty users who want to mass reassign their leads. As a refresher, the Reassignment Groups Help Center article is here: Reassignment-Groups
- When the Reassignment Group Action is applied to multiple leads, the New Lead notification for each Lead is queued and sent to the Reassignment Group Assignee in turn. That is, if a Lofty user is re-routing hundreds of leads to an agent, that agent will get hundreds of "New Lead" notifications.
- If multiple Smart Plans have Reassignment Group actions, they will be executed in chronological order.
- The Reassignment Group action is not available for Private Leads. If a Private Lead reaches a Reassignment Group action in a Smart Plan, that step will be skipped and recorded in the Smart Plan Log.
- There will be Smart Plan Logs for the following:
- The Reassignment Group action starts
- The Reassignment Group action ends
- When the lead gets to the Reassignment Group action, but the Reassignment Group has been deleted
- When a private lead gets to the Reassignment Group action and that smart plan step is skipped
- There will be Smart Plan Logs for the following:
You can also select at what point the Smart Plan step will run.
Assigning a Step
When creating steps, you will have an option to "assign to" a role.
The task will be assigned to whichever role the step is assigned to. If the step/task is an auto email or auto text, it will be sent from the agent assigned to that role.
You can find the "roles" agents can be assigned to under the lead profile:
The lead has to have someone assigned to that role under their profile for it to work.
Editing Smart Plans
To edit any Smart Plan, click on the settings gear to the right.
Keep in mind, that you can only edit Team Smart Plans if you have the correct Team Permissions enabled. This is because changing Team Smart Plans will affect the whole team.
If the Smart Plan edited is currently applied to a lead
- The step edited/added has not been completed on the profile
The Smart Plan will resume as normal and add the new task for that step to the lead's profile, it will not start over.
- The step edited has been completed/The step added has been passed
This step will not apply to the lead, the Smart Plan will not start over and will only apply to new leads or leads where the step was not completed.
- If the Smart Plan you edited was removed from any lead
The Smart Plan will not auto-apply to that lead again. It will need to be manually added.
Applying and Removing Smart Plans
There are different ways to remove and apply Smart Plans to leads.
Any Smart Plan that has "auto-apply" enabled will automatically apply to leads who meet the criteria. If auto-apply is disabled, you will need to manually apply the Smart Plan to leads.
To manually apply a smart plan for multiple leads (not using auto-apply), start with these steps:
Next, select the Smart Plan and click "Start":
There will be an option to choose between Team Plans and My Plans.
Smart Plans can also be manually applied from the lead's profile:
To remove a Smart Plan from all leads, click manage>remove from leads: Smart Plans can also be removed from multiple leads on the people page:
Or you can remove/delete the Smart Plan for an individual lead by hovering over the smart plan and clicking the trash can icon:
Smart Plan Report
Smart Plan Report appears at the bottom Team Smart Plans tab.
This will display a report of the Team Smart Plans including the total leads the smart plan is applied to, the total emails sent, the total finished Smart Plans, and more. Please see the definition for each column.
- Total Leads Applied: Number of leads who have applied this plan
- Active Amount: The number of leads who are currently enrolled in this smart plan and the plan is actively running.
- Paused Amount: The number of leads who are currently enrolled in this smart plan but the plan has been paused.
- Finished Amount: The number of leads who have completed all the steps in this smart plan and reached the final step.
- Total Sent Emails: The total number of emails that have been sent through this smart plan.
- Open Rate (Total): The percentage of emails sent through this smart plan that have been opened by the recipients.
- Total Sent Texts: The total number of text messages that have been sent through this smart plan.
- Tasks Created: The total number of tasks that have been created through this smart plan
Overdue (%): The percentage of tasks created through this smart plan that are past their due date compared to the current date.
Other Smart Plan Resources
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com>, by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557, or by chat with us through your Lofty CRM.