Lofty's Three Line Dialer was designed to increase calling efficiency. It enables those who purchase the Three Line Dialer package to dial up to three leads at once as a way to get through a long list of contacts in a short period of time.
- This feature is only available if you have purchased the Three Line Dialer package. None of the other call packages include multi-line dialing. For more information on adding a call package, reference the following article: Add Call or Text Packages.
- You can make up to 2,000 calls per day in the 2 or 3-line modes. There is no limit to the number of calls that can be made in the single-line mode with the Three Line Dialer package. Minutes are not limited.
Do You Need the Three Line Dialer?
This article covers using the 2/3-line package that is available, but you might not need this package! So, how do you choose between single-line and multiple-line dialing? Lofty has put together a list of questions to help you determine what would work best for you. Answering these questions can help you decide which mode is right for you.
- Question 1: How many calls do you make per day? You should answer this based on the number of calls made per day. For example, 50-100 calls: Choose a single-line Dialer. >100 calls: Choose a multiple-line Dialer.
- Question 2: Does your call list have a high connection rate? If the connection rate of your call list is high, you should choose to use the single-line dialer because calling multiple people at once but only being able to speak with one of them could be problematic if the connection rate is high. Otherwise, if you are cold-calling, you can use the multi-line dialer to help you quickly filter out fake leads and see if you can get someone on the phone.
- Question 3: What is the impact of a dropped call? If each connected call means a lot to you and calling back later may result in losing this customer, keep in mind that when using the multi-line dialer, if multiple people answer they will hear a recorded callback message. Also, if you expect a great connection rate from the call list, you will likely want to avoid dropped calls as much as possible. This means you should use the single-line dialer. Choose the multiple-line dialer if you are ready to plow through a list of calls quickly and on a regular basis.
To access the call settings for the 2/3-line dialing mode, first click on the Phone icon in the bottom-right of the CRM:
Select a list by clicking on any of those that appear right here. Just click right on the grey box:
Next, hit the green Phone button at the bottom of the panel:
If you want to dial out with more than one line, choose either "2" or "3" on the drop-down for Number of Lines to Dial:
You will then be presented with these settings, some of which are the same for a standard call list and others are specific to the Three Line Dialer:
- Number of Lines to Dial With. Select the number of lines you want to use when calling (one, two, or three).
- Seconds of ringing before the call is considered "No Answer". Select the number of seconds that a call should ring before disconnecting and moving on to the next call. It is important to note that currently, there is no way to identify whether a call is being answered by a real person or a voice machine.
- Callback message to play if multiple lines answer. Select the message you want to have played if more than one person answers the call at the same time. A callback message is required if you are dialing with more than one line. You can record the message by going to the CRM > Settings > Templates > Call > Voice Message.
- Call Script. Select the call script template you want to use during the calling session. See Call Scripts for more information.
- Questionnaire. Select the questionnaire template you want to use during the calling session. See Call Questionnaires for more information.
- Auto Text After Every Call. Enter or select a text template you want to send automatically to the leads you call after each call is made.
*IMPORTANT: It is important to note that currently, there is no way to identify whether a call is being answered by a real person or a voice machine. This means that any time a call is answered/picked up as described in the functionality below, it is possible that it is only an automatic voice message machine that answered, not a real person.
Click on the blue Start button in the bottom-right to begin dialing:
The system will start by calling the number you have saved in Settings > Manage Dialer > Dialer License > My Dialer License > Bridge Number. After you answer the bridge phone, the system will begin to call your leads. If you do not receive a call on your bridge number, click the link for "Not receiving a call? Click here to exit" so you can try again to exit the call process and try again.
If you select the 2/3-line mode, the system will call two or three leads at the same time.
(a) If your lead does not answer the call within the time you selected in the settings for "Seconds of ringing before the call is considered 'No Answer'," the system will hang up on the lead automatically and move on to the next one and a call log will be generated on the timeline of the lead's profile.
(b) If a lead answers the call within the time you selected in the settings for "Seconds of ringing before the call is considered "No Answer". . .
- The lead card on the top of the panel will turn green and you can start talking to the lead. You are then able to choose the call outcome, take notes, send texts, add a new appointment/task, or leave a voice message during the call. Refer to the “Click to Call” Function for more details on how that part works. That lead's profile will also open on the left side of the window.
- Once the call ends, the lead card will turn red and show the call as "Disconnected." You can then record any details on the call results page.
After you click on "Save," a call log will be generated on the timeline of the lead’s profile.
(c) If a lead answers the call within the time you select in "Seconds of ringing before a call is considered 'No Answer'," but you are already talking with another lead.
- The system will play the voice message to the second or third lead that you set up as the "Callback Message" in the Dialer Settings. This will play automatically if multiple lines answer at the same time.
- After it finishes playing the voice message, the system will hang up the call and generate a call log on the timeline of the lead's profile:
- The leads that picked up (remember that this could be a voice message machine) will be added back to the list to dial again immediately after finishing any current call. There is no manual input required to make this happen, the second person and then the third person will immediately be called back if they have answered more or less at the same time as the first.
(d) To ensure calls can be connected and processed, the system will temporarily stop fetching new leads to call until you finish the current call and save the call result. Then it will continue calling the list.
4. To exit the call process while in the 2/3-line mode, click on the "Stop" button and then you will prompted with two options outlined below.
- Disconnect all calls and exit immediately. Choose this option if you want to stop the calling immediately. Be careful, this option will result in the immediate termination of calls that have been triggered.
- Exit the dialing process after finishing the current call(s). Choose this option if you want to finish with the calls that have been triggered first. After completion, the call process will end.
Sample Video (No Audio)
When using the Three Line Dialer, will it dial all of the numbers associated with a lead or just their primary number?
When dialing out using multiple lines (two or three), the call logic will only call the primary number associated with a lead. It will not dial out to any additional phone numbers on file for a lead. If dialing out with only one line, there is a setting that can be enabled to call all associated numbers for a lead, but this feature is not available for the multi-line dialer functionality.
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <firstname.lastname@example.org>, by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557, or by chat with us through your Lofty CRM.