This article is meant to assist you with connecting your Instagram profile to Lofty's Social Studio.
- How to identify your Instagram Account Type
- Convert to Instagram Business Account
- Troubleshooting Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions
Please note the following key points:
- Your Instagram account must be a Business account and it must be connected to a Facebook Page.
- Your Facebook Profile must be an Admin for that Facebook Page.
- If you have a Creator account, you will not be able to connect your Instagram to Social Studio. Instagram only supports publishing to business accounts at this time.
How to identify your Instagram Account Type
Unsure what type of Instagram account you have? Follow these steps to find out!
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and go to your profile.
- Tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of the app and select Settings and Privacy.
- Select Account Type and Tools. Here, you will see the following options, depending on your current account type:
- If you currently have an Instagram personal profile, you'll see these two options:
- Switch to Professional account
- Add new Professional account
- If you currently have an Instagram business account, you'll see these two options:
- Switch to Personal Account
- Switch to Creator Account
- If you currently have an Instagram creator account, you'll see these two options:
- Switch to Personal Account
- Switch to Business Account
Convert to Instagram Business Account
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and navigate to Settings and Privacy.
- Select Account Type and Tools.
- Tap Switch to Professional account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts, ensuring you choose the business account type, not the creator account type. You'll also need to select a Facebook Page (or create a new one) to link your Instagram business account to. You will see a "Don't Connect to Facebook Now" option, but if you don't connect a Facebook Page to your Instagram account, you won't be able to connect your account to Lofty Social Studio.
- Your Instagram account should now have been converted to a business account. https://business.instagram.com/getting-started
- Head over to Facebook and navigate to the list of Pages you have access to (or click this link). Click on the Page that you'll associate with your Instagram account, or create a new Page if you don't already have one.
- Once you're on your Page, click Settings in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click Linked Account→Instagram on the left-hand side and then click Connect Account towards the top of the screen.
- Enter your Instagram login credentials and click Log In. (If you're already signed into Instagram, or your login credentials are saved within your browser, you'll just need to click Continue.)
- You'll see a pop-up window prompting you to set up your Instagram business account. Follow the on-screen instructions, be sure to enter your contact info, and then click Done.
Head over to Facebook and navigate to the list of Pages you have access to (or click this link). Click on the Page that is linked to your Instagram business account.
- Once you're on your Page, switch to the page account and click Settings in the left-hand sidebar.
- Once in settings, you should see your Linked Account connected to the Page. You should also see a section that says "Business contact information". In this case, please continue to the next step.
- If you see a screen that differs from the image above, it means your Instagram account is either not connected to your Facebook Page, or it hasn't been converted to a business account. The following outlines some of the options you might see and the steps you should take.
- If you see a button that says Connect Account, it means your Instagram account is not linked to your Facebook Page.
- If you see a button that says Get Started, it means your Instagram account is linked to your Facebook Page, but it hasn't been converted to a business account.
- Click Get Started and follow the on-screen prompts to convert your Instagram account to a business account. Then, try connecting your Instagram account again
- If you see a button that says Review Connection, it means that the account must be confirmed before third-party applications are able to verify the connection.
- Please click the button and follow the prompts to confirm. Note: If you encounter issues with this process, you may need to reach out to Facebook Support in order to confirm the connection.
- Finally, we need to check that Social Studio has all of the permissions required to access your Facebook account. Click on the small drop-down arrow at the top right of your screen and then click Settings & privacy > Settings. From there, click Business Integrations on the left-hand side (or click this link).
- Find Social Studio in the list of integrations and click View and edit.
In the pop-up window, ensure that all Facebook Pages are checked in all sections.
Note: If you don’t see any individual Pages listed in the following screens, it means that you’ve previously granted Social Studio permissions to access all Pages, which is the ideal setup. In this case, you won’t need to check any Pages here, and instead, you’ll need to reestablish the authorization: on the same page above, click Remove Lofty Social Studio and complete the steps on the popup window.
Once that's done, try connecting your Instagram account to Social Studio again.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make sure that my Facebook page is connected to an Instagram business account?
You will need to log in to the personal Facebook profile that has the admin role on the Facebook Page connected to your Instagram account. If you log into a Facebook profile that does not have the admin role on the Page, or if your profile isn't correctly set up as an admin within Facebook Business Suite, you will not see your Instagram business account listed in the next step. For more information on how to see your Facebook page role or access, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/help/510247025775149
How do I connect to the Facebook page via Instagram?
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Select Edit Profile.
- Under Public Business Information, select Page.
- Tap Create Facebook Page or Connect an Existing Page.
- Choose a Page from your Pages that you'd like to connect to or select Create a New Facebook Page.
- Tap Done after you've selected a Page or created a new Page.
For more information, please see: https://help.instagram.com/570895513091465
If you have any questions regarding this topic or any others, please reach out to our Support Team via email at <email@example.com>, by phone at 1 (855) 981-7557, or by chat with us through your Lofty CRM.